All 4 art Reviews

Wolf Wolf

Aaw! He's gorgeous! I love wolves :P

This is really good, especially for a first real attempt at drawing fur! The colours are wonderful, I know I can sometimes struggle with getting the right colours, I find it a bit difficult to work out how the lighting would react to the fur texture. The brush you've used makes him look so fluffy, it's a really nice effect. I also love the details around the snout, I can also see that you've thought about fur lengths, and you're really good at thinking about the direction of the fur!

The only thing I can think of for improvement is that the brush you've used does make him look kinda blurred, but really this isn't much of an issue depending on what you were going for; as I said above, it helps make him look extra fluffy :P

BDMeyers responds:

Thank you for your great review! I really appreciate the feedback.

Ghibli Renaissance Ghibli Renaissance

I could tell just from the thumbnail what style this was! You've done an amazing job :D Clean colouring, very recognisable characters, and I love how you've brought the characters together using the river spirit in the background. The paper cutouts in the corner are also a nice touch, I like how they seem to flow out.
And good luck with the competition! ^_^ Don't worry, I'd say this turned out very well! It's just like Ghibli's style!

Aveline Aveline

Oh my! This is beautiful! Even the way you framed it ^_^
I don't think I have any criticism, just keep doing what you're doing! The shading is great, I love that hair texture, and those subtle touches of red really make a difference!

DaisyDoodles responds:

Thank you very much!

Steamboat Sweeney Steamboat Sweeney

I really like this! ^_^ The vignette around the picture really helps to bring your eyes towards the characters in the centre of the picture, and helps add to the dark atmosphere :)
I also like the idea of making this look like a poster promoting the show, the writing helps make it more interesting and eliminates some of the space around the two characters.
And although most classical animations look like they were drawn with ink, I actually like this pencil effect, the graininess of the pencil helps add even more to that old, classical atmosphere.

So well done! I really like this idea! :D The only thing I'd say is that most of the classical Disney cartoons I've seen use little black dots for the eyes, but I can see why you've added the white areas, it really exaggerates that evil expression on Sweeney's face!

Codakose responds:

Thank you :D your words really mean a lot. And I'm glad you like the pencil effect, since I was unsure whether that would be a downfall of the piece. :)